Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign files now have Illustrator logo

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Hoping somebody can help me with this issue. I recently updated to the most recent version of InDesign on my windows laptop. Since I did this, all of my InDesign files now have an Illustrator logo and will only try (and fail) to open in Illustrator. When I hit open with, InDesign is not even an option to open any of these files. Please help! I essentially have no access to tons of living files that I created and am still updating in InDesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to InDesign.]

quoteI recently updated to the most recent version of InDesign on my windows laptop. Since I did this, all of my InDesign files now have an Illustrator logo

By @Evan25094677ftyt

=========

From Windows File Explorer, re-associate your files with the latest version of InDesign. If unsure how to do this, check your Windows help documentation.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to InDesign.]

quoteI recently updated to the most recent version of InDesign on my windows laptop. Since I did this, all of my InDesign files now have an Illustrator logo

By @Evan25094677ftyt

=========

From Windows File Explorer, re-associate your files with the latest version of InDesign. If unsure how to do this, check your Windows help documentation.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall InDesign and install it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines