• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Floating Window Resize

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly experiencing soething odd. I use floating windows all the time and resize them using the outer borders. All of a sudden, when I shrink or expand, the window automatically resizes and there is no control. It usually ends up shrinking to a tiny little space. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thank you,

Elena

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stinkypaws:

When InDesign's behavior changes suddenly, it is often due to corrupt cache and preferences files. Try removing or renaming them, according to the instructions in this post:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Indesign 18.1, imac 2020+Monterey, + 2nd monitor.

Renamed cache&preferences.

Still have this: resizing window from botton left ->all angles resize minimizing window to tiny rectangle.

If I try to enlarge the minimized window, it scroll down to the bottom. Odd, indeed! 😉

Schermata 2023-01-23 alle 16.51.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with floating windows. Deleting the preferences had no effect.  I am running InDesign 18.2.1, Mac OS 13.3.1, 2020 iMAC 27. What's weird too is that the same floating window freakout happens on a version 17 InDesign application that is still installed. Were there any solutions found for this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if this UI Scaling setting makes a difference. See attachment.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines