• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Font Book / Font Catalogue

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for a script to produce an Indesign font book, but getting no-where. Searched for 'font book' just bring up references to the mac programme!

But basically I want to generate the following;

Book Antiqua ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz  0123456789 ,./;'etc

For all the fonts installed on my machine, in one InDesign document for reference purposes. I've never done a script before but willing to learn.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

It isn't (very) hard to script, but unless you are determined to give it a go by yourself, searching around shows plenty of existing scripts.

For example, check out Mike Rankin's script at https://creativepro.com/making-a-font-catalog/ . It looks quite spiffy and complete; I know I'm going to try it and see what it's like!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get a response here, ask in the InDesign Scripting forum.

InDesign Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't (very) hard to script, but unless you are determined to give it a go by yourself, searching around shows plenty of existing scripts.

For example, check out Mike Rankin's script at https://creativepro.com/making-a-font-catalog/ . It looks quite spiffy and complete; I know I'm going to try it and see what it's like!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jongware! That link is ideal. I'll need to do a little bit of editing to the script but I've now got something I can start from I can take it from there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ow, I see that I attribute the script to Mike Rankin in my answer – and I cannot edit it anymore ... It is actually by Kasyan Servetsky (a regular poster here on the scripting forum); the link to Kasyan's original page is Make font catalog

Yes, tinkering with existing scripts and adjusting them to fit your needs is an excellent way to learn scripting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script is gone! Does anyone still have it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kasyan's site seems to have a slightly shorter domain name now. This script has been moved to

http://kasyan.ho.ua/indesign/font/make_font_catalog.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines