• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign font bugs

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've got an iMac 2021 and in Indesign, when swapping from one font to another (or even a size or weight), why can I still see both fonts (or half of one font and half of another)? Its clearly an error or screen problem but how can I fix this. My old iMac from 5 years ago doesnt have this problem. Can you help? Many thanks...Simon TScreenshot 2022-05-21 at 11.18.56.pngScreenshot 2022-05-21 at 11.19.57.pngScreenshot 2022-05-21 at 11.24.10.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

If it's on, try turning off GPU performance in the Prefs. That seems to affect a number of other screen draw issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On both computers I'm using Adobe InDesign 17.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed InDesign, how did you install it?

Dou you have a font manager? Which one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This was installed from the CC. I'm just using Font Book at the moment. Thanks...Simon T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a screen-redraw issue.

Does it go away if you change your View percentage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Yes, it goes back to normal via percentage or scrolling through other fonts, but really really annoying.

Have you seen this before, is it fixable or a hardware problem?

Many thanks indeed...Simon T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's on, try turning off GPU performance in the Prefs. That seems to affect a number of other screen draw issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, I didn'y have the GPU preferences on, but thought I'd try this anywaty and low and behold it now doesnt do the annoying font problem anymore (well this evening anyway). I've been working on this for 4-5 hours tonight and no problems so far...many many thanks to everyone who helped me out! Simon T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines