• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign footnotes

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the latest InDesign 2023 and have a 40 page document. I am trying to insert a footnote into one of the tables and it keeps crashing. I have tried inporting the text over and over again and manually adding in the footnote. I have created a new document asn the smae thing happens. I even added the foootnote as an end note which worked, but then as soon as I tried to convert it to a footnote — it crashed. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josephine@Redtail ,

do you see a crash with InDesign 2022 version 17.4 as well?

To test this export the document to IDML and open it with InDesign 2022.

Or, I assume you started the document with InDesign 2022, go back to InDesign 2022 at all and continue your work with that version.

It's always a good idea to wait a couple of month to use a brand new version of any software that is complex like InDesign.

You could use InDesign 2022 and 2023 side by side on your machine. No need to remove the older version(s).

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I created it in 2022 and was having the issue there. So I upgraded to 2023 thinking maybe the issue had been fixed. I did see the post about saving as Idml and did try this too… it crashed InDesign while saving. I can’t open the idml document that was created. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe, So I found the answer... I broke the table up so it doesn't flow to multiple pages and it works. Yay!!! What a waste of 8 hours though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines