Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign for epub, sequence of commands

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i have a new question.

A button can command multiple events in a time sequence, can i merge or group this sequence so that it can then be interrupted or paused by another button?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Julian

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but there are lots of possibilities for animations and if you can give us more detail on exactly what you want to accomplish, including screenshots or drawings it might help us to help you.

That said, you should be aware that the use of animations is limited to fixed layout epub (and highly dependent on the reader app), publish online and in5 (additional subscription) export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm aware of it, but it's enough for me to create the online and in5 publication that I already have.

That said, I'm a bit crazy because I'm trying to make a game of my own invention without having any programming knowledge.

I'm a graphic designer and I've always worked with Adobe programs... but I'm finding many obstacles... maybe I'll start studying programming languages to be able to work in the right way.

The game is really interesting and the graphics have an excellent impact... with the backend and the frontend, however, there is a lot of work to do.

For now I train with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I think you're wasting your time trying this with InDesign. You're basically working with tools that are almost 15 years old and never intended for this kind of advanced use.

You need an app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are absolutely right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For non-programmers a number of visual game development options exist:

...and quite a few others, including Unreal with Blueprints.

It depends a bit on the type of game that you are interested in developing.

In any case InDesign's interactive tools are NOT suitable for game development, but can be used to create a visual prototype with some interactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some mad genius reportedly ported Doom to Notepad recently. I suppose you can do anything with anything if you know everything and expect nothing. 🙂

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines