• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign for M1 crashing or running extremely slowly

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just set up my brand new, maximum spec iMac M1. When I can actually get InDesign to run, it is so slow that it's unusable, if it opens at all - and yes, it's the version for Apple Silicon that I'm running. Is anyone else having this issue? I need to be able to work from home a lot, and this is not viable. I'm also seeing a "Billing Issue" icon on the top right of the screen when ID does load, despite my university employee account being signed in and connected to the university network via VPN. Please help! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. We have recently released an update for InDesign 2021 (v16.3.2), which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on (v16.3.2), then we recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't help, could you please share a few more details like:

• Does it seem to crash at random or after a particular action?
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Also, please share the screenshot of the billing error you are getting on InDesign.

Looking Forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I typically access my work via FortiClientVPN. My iMac is running Big Sur. Everything is the most recent version. ID is 16.3.2. When I copy files to run locally things seem slightly better, but nowhere near the performance I need or am used to on much older machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

unlikely, but I have to ask this:

Are you accessing the InDesign application through something like Remote Desktop?

If not, where exactly does the VPN network come into play?

Do you work directly on the university server volume with InDesign documents when InDesign is installed on your machine?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the documents I use are on the university network and the software is in my M1 iMac at home. The connection appears to be the problem and I’ll address that this week. When I run files locally the software appears to work much better. The VPN is used to connect to the network that holds the files I work with.

Dave

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're able to track down the source of your problem.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines