• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign for Vision Impaired Student

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a vision support teacher . A student of mine has been offered work experience with a graphic design business that uses Indesign. We have it installed, but the actual icons to navigate are very small and of low contrast - is there a way to enalrge the icons and change contrast to accommodate a low vision learner?  

Thanks you so much

Steve (Narrabri High School)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you use? When I record videos for students I will change the resolution of my monitor in the system settings so that a 24" monitor behaves as 720p. There is a certain amount of scaling depending on how your operating system is set up. For some users, and wehen using projector, having the light interface is also easer to learn the interface. Text the different contrast settings in the preferences.
Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 09.28.13.pngScreenshot 2021-08-04 at 09.26.30.png

The light interface also makes some of the icons easier to intrerpret.

Many of the commands for indesign are also accessible through menu and/or shortcuts. As well as it is possible to create your own shortcuts (and you can even edit the menus)… this may hopefully be of help. 

Please come back with more infrmation on your setup and the specifics of the needs of your student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I addition to the detailed response given Lukas, I'd request you to find more information about accessibility in InDesign on this help article. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines