• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*InDesign Forms and Accessibility.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to design a form in InDesign.

I've learned a lot and have had a great amount of resources to fall back on.

I am wondering at this point what is the best way to create forms spaces for forms, tabbing them in individual boxes or creating a lot of different boxes and threading them?
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...what is the best way to create forms spaces for forms, tabbing them in individual boxes or creating a lot of different boxes and threading them?
By @Bec W.

Not sure what you're asking here. But the answer is: it depends upon the form!

What do you mean by "boxes?" The form field? Text frames? Something else?

And what do you mean by "forms spaces?" The non-text space where the form field container appears in the PDF?

Generally, the text boxes (that get converted to form-field boxes in InDesign) are inserted inline into/after the text like this:

Your Address: [form-field box]

The formfield box becomes part of the paragraph of text that holds the lable and formfield. So every formfield box should be anchored inside its related paragraph of text, and you should use text wrap, if necessary, to have the body text wrap around it.

Do not put [space][space][space][space][space]  to create an area to hold the box.

And avoid using the [tab] character to do that, too, because tabs often impair some assistive technologies.

Sounds like you could use a good course in  making accesible forms in InDesign, eh? <grin>  I know, January seems so far away...https://www.pubcom.com/classes/

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bevi, 

We tried signing up for this after I finished my InDesign course with you! 😉 I'm coming back for the others we talked about, I sent a few emails to you not sure if you got them. 

Thanks Bec. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines