InDesign freezes constantly unless wifi turned off

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had a problem for a while now when using Adobe InDesign on my MacBook Pro. The program hangs up or freezes (spinning beach ball) for several seconds at a time no matter what I’m doing — sometimes the simplest thing. These freezes can last 5 seconds or 60 seconds, but usually the program doesn’t crash entirely. The only thing that fixes the problem is to turn off wifi. Then things hum along perfectly.

I’ve spoken to Adobe support. They tell me the problem is that my files are in a sync folder for Dropbox or OneDrive. So I take my files out of the sync folders, but the problem persists. Once they told me my wifi wasn’t fast enough — but I think it’s plenty fast (not sure how to check) and I don’t have any issues with other programs. Even video editing works fine. But like I said, disconnecting from wifi fixes the problem, so maybe there’s something to this. One time they said the problem was with my system. 

I’ve reset the preferences, I’ve tried a bunch of stuff to “make InDesign fun faster” that I’ve read in articles. Nothing works. This is my main program and it’s really hurting my productivity. 

Any ideas?

macOS Big Sur version 11.6

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Adobe InDesign 17.0.1

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a private or corporate/business setup you work with?
sometimes Security/firewall settings can cause this kind of problems too…

When in another Network/Wifi the Problem still shows up?

When using Indesign with another (temporary) user on the same Macbook, the problem still shows up?

I have more or less the same setup but can't confirm these issues… sorry.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had same problem on Windows 10 pro. Solution was disable wifi and connect internet via usb cable lan card.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines