• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign freezing and blank menus on macOS

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple times now InDesign freezes and then all my menu options (on the top of the screen) are gone. I can see the drop down but there is no text visible. I added a screen shot of what it looks like. It's not just on ID either. It is all menus on my computer. I have a Macbook Pro and am running IOS, well I don't know I can't see the menu to see which update I have. 

And now when I try to open ID again, it does not pull up completely. Any ideas why? Am I missing an update? 

No menu text visible on any programNo menu text visible on any programID not opening up all the way. Only portions are visible.ID not opening up all the way. Only portions are visible.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Hi all,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try following these one by one and share your observations:

• Try Turning of GPU performance from InDesign preferences.
    gpu_preferencesID.png
  • If that doesn't help, try turning off Automatic GPU Switching from System Preferences.
    automatic graphics switching.png
  • If that doesn't help either, Open Terminal Window. Type in the following, pressing the Enter key after each line:
    defaults delete -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by giving us some more information: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Did anything change in your set-up about the time when these problems began to occur? Have you tried uninstalling InDesign and reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try following these one by one and share your observations:

• Try Turning of GPU performance from InDesign preferences.
    gpu_preferencesID.png
  • If that doesn't help, try turning off Automatic GPU Switching from System Preferences.
    automatic graphics switching.png
  • If that doesn't help either, Open Terminal Window. Type in the following, pressing the Enter key after each line:
    defaults delete -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance
    killall Dock
    killall Finder
  • Restart machine.

Also, please check and confirm if you are getting this error on other apps as well?

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Sreihti
turning off Automatic GPU Switching from System Preferences worked!

Paul Bies
President

MYSTIQUE BRAND COMMUNICATIONS
Developing brands. Building equity. Measuring success.

416-441-2666 Ext 14
https://mystique.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. And I can't adjust preferences because the menu won't show.

Paul Bies
President

MYSTIQUE BRAND COMMUNICATIONS
Developing brands. Building equity. Measuring success.

416-441-2666 Ext 14
https://mystique.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines