• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign freezing on launch

Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign does not respond almost every time I try to start it up. Yes, I've tried deleting preferences, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Several successive tries get it to open. This happens almost daily.

Also, Creative cloud indicates there are updates updates available. The The "Update all" button is grayed out. The indiviual butons do nothing when I click on them. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?

I'd recommend using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove the Adobe apps from your machine and install again once done. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I upgraded to Big Sur. However, the problem has persisted through several systems. Indesign also stops responding when I quit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but I'll try the program you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Creative Cloud Cleaner as suggested. When I shut down my computer, Indesign would not shut down, but vanished from the screen which froze. I only discoverered this morning that the computer had not rebooted properly. The attached has appeared almost daily. It still appeared after I removed and reinstalled everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is persisting. Indesign shuts down suddenly or won't respond. This happened today immediately after I performed the latest upgrade. I have to "repair" Creative Cloud almost daily. When I went to the Adobe site to download a fresh version I only saw the purchase option; perhaps I didn't look far enough. 

I have used the Cleaner, uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign was just updated and is not a never ending beachball.  The Document I attemped to open did not open, After ten minutes, I closed InDesign (16.1).  A second attempt I tried opening the app from the Creative Cloud menu.  This gave me three options, including Recovery.  Again, the app stalled.  Is this a permission issue?  Preferences?  Wher are Prefs? If I cannot open the app by itsefl how can I create NEW project?  Should I attempt to open another project (another version or an old that's not important)?  Your help wuld be most apprecaited.  I'll write if I am able to get passed this while I wait.  Thank you!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens erratically. I got the "repair needed/reinstall" message yet again this morning; this happens almost daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Grundoon Groundhog,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope your issue is resolved now.

If you still have issues, let us know so that we can assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eugene—

Thank you. It now opens here too. I need to reformat the advert for a different publication. Never had a problem before.

My guess was one of two changes I made. May have been related to FontAgent (v9.6.2), a font manager I’ve used for years, which has never needed to be open, but was used the original file. Another possibility, and probably the actual cause is an app called Bitdefender a security app distributed by Netgear with modems / WiFi routers.

The app bumps into setting in most recent update, version of Mac OS (11.3.1) Big Sur. It blocks updates, and installations, incl Creative Cloud and InDesign 1.6.1. As well as FontAgent, and even an HP printer, and a UAD audio device.

FYI: iMac OS is based in Linux. There’s a system command line, reference to the word “chown,” that is connected with permissions, passwords, etc. So it seems Bitdefender, vis-a-vis Mac OS, blocked InDesign from either updating or opening after it updated. In Mac OS command line editor app, Terminal, I edited a few lines — one referred to PhotoShop CC, but didn’t block it it. With the help of a senior adviser at Apple, I made changes to my Mac’s user permissions. This repaired everything.

Lot of aggravation but all good now!

THANK YOU for your time and response.

Best regards,

Seven

(please pardon typos)

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem is persisting. Now, in fact, I can't open Creative Cloud. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it. I wonder if there is something else on my computer that is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for letting us know @Grundoon Groundhog. You may try creating a new user profile on your computer and see how Creative Cloud & other apps performing there.

If you still face issues, connect with Adobe technical support(https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html). Please click on the chat icon at the bottom of the page to begin the conversation. The team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines