Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign Freezing when opening

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, since two days I can't open my InDesign because it freezes everytime it want to open it and then crashed. It always stops when it is indicated "Tracker werden gestartet", no clue what does means. It already deinstalled, deleted everything that was probably from InDesign, reinstalled the different versions etc. Nothing worked yet. Any other ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your version of InDesign is now speaking German ("Trackers are started"). I suggest deleting all InDesign cache files, too. Weird.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in German. But I didn't how it was translated.

Where do I find the cache files? I'm worried to delete other important stuff. I'm on Windows if that makes a difference...

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Ann,

das vollständige InDesign Cache-Verzeichnis findest Du auf Windows 10 hier:

[Benutzername] > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign

Je nach InDesign-Version siehst Du dann beispielsweise das Chache-Verzeichnis für InDesign 2022 mit dem Namen:

Version 17.0. Für InDesign 2021 heißt das Version 16.0 etc.pp.

Hier ein Beispiel mit mehreren Versionen von InDesign auf dem Rechner:

INDD-Cache-Folders.PNG

Beende InDesign bevor Du das löschst.

Mach einen Backup vom Verzeichnis.

Beim nächsten Start von InDesign wird das völlig neu erstellt.

Wichtig:

Das Verzeichnis AppData kannst Du nur sehen, wenn Du bei "Ausgeblendete Elemente" im Ansicht-Tab ein Häkchen setzt. Das ist per default in Windows 10 ausgeschaltet.

AppData-Directory-Visible.PNG

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @Laubender & @Scott Citron worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS and the exact version of InDesign
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you may try the steps suggested on the community post & help article and let us know how it goes.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines