• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Freezing when opening

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, since two days I can't open my InDesign because it freezes everytime it want to open it and then crashed. It always stops when it is indicated "Tracker werden gestartet", no clue what does means. It already deinstalled, deleted everything that was probably from InDesign, reinstalled the different versions etc. Nothing worked yet. Any other ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your version of InDesign is now speaking German ("Trackers are started"). I suggest deleting all InDesign cache files, too. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in German. But I didn't how it was translated.

Where do I find the cache files? I'm worried to delete other important stuff. I'm on Windows if that makes a difference...

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Ann,

das vollständige InDesign Cache-Verzeichnis findest Du auf Windows 10 hier:

[Benutzername] > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign

Je nach InDesign-Version siehst Du dann beispielsweise das Chache-Verzeichnis für InDesign 2022 mit dem Namen:

Version 17.0. Für InDesign 2021 heißt das Version 16.0 etc.pp.

Hier ein Beispiel mit mehreren Versionen von InDesign auf dem Rechner:

INDD-Cache-Folders.PNG

Beende InDesign bevor Du das löschst.

Mach einen Backup vom Verzeichnis.

Beim nächsten Start von InDesign wird das völlig neu erstellt.

Wichtig:

Das Verzeichnis AppData kannst Du nur sehen, wenn Du bei "Ausgeblendete Elemente" im Ansicht-Tab ein Häkchen setzt. Das ist per default in Windows 10 ausgeschaltet.

AppData-Directory-Visible.PNG

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I would like to know if the steps suggested above by @Laubender & @Scott Citron worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS and the exact version of InDesign
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Also, you may try the steps suggested on the community post & help article and let us know how it goes.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing the same problem as described above. I get a frozen screen at "tracker werden gestartet" (German version)

Clicking into the window turns it black. (See screenshots attached)

I'm running on my laptop Windows 10 and havent had any problems so far with other Adobe programms.

I have followed the steps above a couple of times, but they dont seem to work.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Laura22208935a0xr,

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Manually reset preferences by renaming the folders from the following locations:
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Adobe
    Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old Launch InDesign from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way, all your old settings will be saved in .old folders, and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
  • Try running the app in Safe Mode & Hidden Admin Account?
  • Try creating a new user account and see if that helps.
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and restart the system (most important) reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines