• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign glitch images on macbook pro monterey

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am experiencing an irritating problem on indesing on my Mac Book Pro.

Some images are completly glitched.. I already tryed to turn off the GPU Performance but it does not resolve..

My Mac specs are:

Monterey 12.3.1

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 Pro

Indesign version : 17.2.1

I attach some screenshots to my post. I hope some one can help cause it's a big problem for me please help 🙏

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

I alredy tryed it does not reoslved

But FYI I just find the solution if somedy is in the same case... I grant the access to indesign to all my system files in the security pannel of my macbook. Not sur I am clear, i attach a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

So just to be clear. It's not the GPU and not the graphics card and not the UI sizing. It's FILES AND FOLDERS and FULL DISK ACCESS for Indesign in the security tab. (For this particualr glitch)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off GPU Performance in your InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I alredy tryed it does not reoslved

But FYI I just find the solution if somedy is in the same case... I grant the access to indesign to all my system files in the security pannel of my macbook. Not sur I am clear, i attach a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the most wonderful person on the planet. I just broke down in tears because I lost everything and could not find an answer anywhere. THIS was the answer. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is working for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved! Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does setting UI Sizing to Small help?

InDesign > Preferences > User Interface Scaling.

I have the same specs and not seeing it happen on my MBP. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the glitch big time! I went to Apple because I thought it was my graphics card but it didn't stop. I have updated to the latest OS and the latest InDesign and it just continuously happens, especially when switching between view modes. It's also not only images but the whole page/screen/pasteboard and I have 2 folders full of these really annoying glitches! Would some one like to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of those shots show that you still have GPU performance enabled. Turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah great, thanks – I'll give it ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Experienced the same problem and no one in out IT dpt could figure it out. It was completely (or so I thought) random. This is the only place on the whole internet I found someone that had the same glitch. I was about to be given a new Mac but wanted to have one last hunt for a solution... and this was it! For me I had to check on allow InDesign to allow access to DESKTOP files and folders. It worked! And when I thought about it - the problem was with graphics in Desktop folders. Thanky you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be clear. It's not the GPU and not the graphics card and not the UI sizing. It's FILES AND FOLDERS and FULL DISK ACCESS for Indesign in the security tab. (For this particualr glitch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines