• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign, gray lines.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a frame within indesign, and move it, gray lines become visible when moving.

Does anyone have an idea what that could be. Have a MacMini with 1 processor version 12.0.1

Version off Adobe Indesign 17.0.1

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart guides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean lines in addition to the outline of the frame—like guides? Or are you saying that the color of the frame itself changes as you drag it? If you mean the latter then this is normal behavior. As you drag a frame, even if it has a color applied as a stroke, the outline will change to a single line in the color that the layer the frame is on has been assigned. (You'll notice in the layers panel that to the left of the layer's name each layer has a specific color assigned to it). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly that I mean the lines next to the outline of the frame-like guides? And that can be quite irritating.

So I hope to find a solution here. It didn't bother me with the older version,

this has happened since the last 3 updates of Adobe Indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just added an example, as soon as I move an image I get those gray frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henk,

will the "gray lines" go away if you refresh the screen by toggling between preview view, normal view and back to preview with the keyboard shortcut w ? Do you have GPU support enabled? Will the "gray lines" go away if you disable GPU support in InDesign's preferences?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The gray lines on the screen disappear after I refreshed between preview,

normal display and back to preview using the w hotkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines