• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign has become frustating

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be a quick in InDesign. All of these new releases have slowed me down. What is happening over there?!?! I am currently running 17.2.1. 

- I cant resize my workspace by dragging the bottom right corner. It doesnt appear on my monitor. If I quit and relaunch a few times I can eventually see it. 

- I group a few text boxes and images to resize them proportionately all at the same time and I can no longer do it by holding comand shift and drag a corner. I have to use the percentage scaling tool.

- Holding the space bar does not give me my hand tool. 

- Command-0 no longer fits my document to screen. It was this morning. 

The list seriously goes on. So unstable. Clients barking and I'm here trying to figure out whats going on. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Hi @Tamir Anghel:

I am sorry you're feeling so frustrated I am not having those issues on my system. 

MBP 2021, macOS 12.3.1, InDesign 17.2

If you can't resize from the bottom right, you can pull the title bar down a bit, resize the window from the top left and then drag it back up into position. Then you'll be able to see the bottom right corner and be able to resize it from there again. You can also try clicking the green button which will toggle between full screen and the previous window

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tamir Anghel:

I am sorry you're feeling so frustrated I am not having those issues on my system. 

MBP 2021, macOS 12.3.1, InDesign 17.2

If you can't resize from the bottom right, you can pull the title bar down a bit, resize the window from the top left and then drag it back up into position. Then you'll be able to see the bottom right corner and be able to resize it from there again. You can also try clicking the green button which will toggle between full screen and the previous window size.

All of the other issues you were mentioning relate to keyboard shortcuts. We have heard repeatedly that people have problems with other applications interfering with the InDesign shortcut keys. Try restarting your computer and only open up InDesign. Try out the Shortcuts again and see if that works. Once you realize that another application is the problem, you can begin to isolate it. In my experience, Webroot is cited more than any other application.

Over time and particularly after a major upgrade, you will encounter corrupt preferences and cache and InDesign begins to act erratically. You can rebuild them, following the link below.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines