Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign home screen file thumbnails all show the same date, eg, "2 days ago"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inexplicably, when InDesign opens to the home screen from just launching the app, all of the thumbnails for files I have been working on show exactly the same modification date, eg, "2 days ago…" or "4 days ago…" even though some of them might have been opened within the last hour and others may have been last touched six or seven days earlier. Quitting InDesign has no effect on this, although moving in and out of the app (fully quitting) will result in all of the dates changing again, eg, to "10 days ago."

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes: 

• Rename extensions to extensions.old folder from  
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP  
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP 

While performing each step, please make sure that all Adobe apps are closed.  Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti -- thanks for the info! I tried each step in order. Rename extensions did not give any results.

So I simply used the uninstaller and remove the app completely, then reinstalled it.

Currently things are at least working better for the files I am working on today, eg, they show "23 minutes ago…" and "90 minutes ago…" so we'll see if this was the fix and they continue to "age gracefully" after 24 hours has passed, etc.

Thanks again for your help and tips!

Lee-A

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

I would like to know, how InDesign is working right now? Please feel free to reach out if you are still facing the same issue.

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for checking back on me.

As discussed before, the renaming of extensions did not give results.

So I did a complete clean-out of the app via the "uninstall" applet and then re-installed.

The icon of the former documents were (unfortunately) *STILL* showing, so they are stored somewhere perhaps in a Prefs outside of the app itself. But at least their time/date stamps looked normal.

To combat this, before I did anything else, I went into the Prefs, set the number of files to display on the home screen to "Zero", quite the app and re-opened. Home screen was now devoid of icons of previously opened files. Then I went back into Prefs and set the number of files to remember to 10 (just to be different from the previous 20) and then opened a file manually through the Open command. So far all 10 icons of files I have in process are now updating time/date normally and look okay.

So I think fingers-crossed at this point. Again, I truly appreciate your help!

With kindness,

Lee-A.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines