• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Hyperlink help

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to modify the default Id hyperlink formatting so it matches better our corporate colour palette. I've created a new 'Hyperlink' character style when having no document open, which should amend the application default. If I create a new document and apply a hyperlink it correctly uses my new formatting. However, if I open an existing layout (ie supplied to me from a colleague) it defaults back to the standard Id blue / underline. I get that it auto creates a Hyperlink character style the first time you use the hyperlink option, but why does it work only for new docs, not existing layouts? Anything I can do? TIA.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Manually, can import your Company Hyperlink swatch color into the file.

Then in the Character Style panel, delete the Hyperlink color that imports with the Hyperlink. You'll be prompted to pick a replacement color. Choose the Company Hyperlink swatch color.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 3.20.20 PM.png

You could also get someone to develop a script to make it faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Manually, can import your Company Hyperlink swatch color into the file.

Then in the Character Style panel, delete the Hyperlink color that imports with the Hyperlink. You'll be prompted to pick a replacement color. Choose the Company Hyperlink swatch color.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 3.20.20 PM.png

You could also get someone to develop a script to make it faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines