Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Icon are White in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a trouble with the icon of Indesign CC 2018 with Windows 10 system.

It seems that Windows 10 don't show the real icon for Indesign.

If I want to use an Indesign file in White Icon I can click it and then Indesign is launching and it show me the file, for this there is no problem.

But to see the Indesign Icon is a problem.

I am thinking is it a problem of Indesign CC2018, or is it a problem of Windows 10?

Can anybody have a solution for this?

Regards

Ashok

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

And hard decision - did you try re-install of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear that you finally make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessary, it depends if you have scratch Indesign intall 32 bits or 64 bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in my experience. If you have a 64 bit O/S, the 64 bit version of ID should have been installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you check in the folder of "Program files/Adobe"  what do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George-S

Uninstalled from Creative Cloud (keep preferences), then re-install fixed white/blank icon issue. Easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George-S

Did the same as Spice-B. The icon is back! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me! Very easy! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this question has been answered already, but for those of you who have recently experience this issue like I have, there is an additional step I found that helped correct this issue. I attempted all of the suggested steps, uninstall & reinstall both Cloud and InDesign, switch default Open With to one program then switching back, and following the even more in depth process of clearing out Windows Icon Cache. What ended up fixing it for me was following the steps to clear out the "Open With" options that appear when right-clicking on a file to open it. There was an "old" version of InDesign as an option, even though it had been uninstalled when it was updated to the 2022 version. that still appeared as an option. I followed the steps to dig into the system registry to remove the "Open With" options, found here https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18119/remove-programs-from-open-with-menu-in-explorer/ . Then I reinstalled Cloud and InDesign and lastly changed the default Open With back to InDesign. And that did the trick. More steps than I cared to have to do, but I could not stand seeing that white square anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a reminder that after you link a file to a different program (for example, ID 2020 to 2021), sometimes you need to restart. Technically, it shouldn't be necessary, but give it a shot before uninstalling everything.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI all,

My Indesign file icon changed to white icon. Can u pls Help me.

I m using Indesign CC 2022. Not able to open file. Its happen already with me 3-4 times and not able to find 32 bit or 64 bit.

Regards

Chetan                                                                                                                        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines