Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign ignores Mac application switcher

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I’m having constant issues bringing InDesign to focus on my Mac running Big Sur - now with InDesign version 2022 but the last few versions, same.

When I use command-tab to invoke the Mac application switcher, InDesign won’t come to the front. All the other apps do respond as expected.

When I click on InDesign on my Dock, sometimes the InDesign menus appear at the top of the screen but the already-opened document does not come to the front. Sometimes InDesign completely ignores the click. Sometimes I have to click a document window of another application, or click on my desktop, then click back into a visible part of an open InDesign document to bring it to focus. Sometimes I have to invoke Mission Control to get back to my open InDesign document(s).

None of this is a hard stop, but it’s incredibly annoying.

Any fixes?

Paul Wilson

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the OS isn't responding rather than InDesign.

I don't know if this helps you
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/408063/big-sur-unable-to-focus-any-app-or-make-mouse-keybo...

It seems to be related to the Touch ID sensor.

Or I'm wondering now if it's something to do with InDesign Preferences>Interface 

Maybe turn off Enable MutliTouch Gestures

And see if setting the UI scaling to small or large makes a differences.

For InDesign you could try

There's a few fixes you could try that I have saved for situations like this

----

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

--

Try turning off the GPU Performance in the InDesign settings.

See if that helps

-----------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you updated to 17.1? I don't know if that will fix it but it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines