• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign installer won't launch after double clicking it (MAC OS V. 11.2.3)

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I'm trying to install InDesign on my Mac Mini with Big Sur Version 11.2.3, but every time I double click the installer app, nothing happens.

It feels like there's something blocking the install process for it, like maybe old Adobe settings in the library are preventing things from moving forward?

If you've had issues like this, and solved them, please let me know.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

The name and icon are not genuine! You install thtough the Create Cloud app. This looks like illegal software and may be a risk!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Just to assuage any fears, the ".app" extension appears if you have turned on "Show all extensions" in the Mac Finder Preferences. These are legitimate installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have a look at this thread and if any of the links posted help you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/installer-not-working-on-mac/td-p/864908....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name and icon are not genuine! You install thtough the Create Cloud app. This looks like illegal software and may be a risk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a folder would not typically have an ".app" extension. Download the CC app from here: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/en/apps/download/creative-cloud

Then install InDesign from that as @Frans v.d. Geest recommended.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help, gentlemen!  I tried to download the Creative Cloud Installer, and it looks like it has a .app extension as well...

The same thing occurs.  I double click, as the prompt tells me to, and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to assuage any fears, the ".app" extension appears if you have turned on "Show all extensions" in the Mac Finder Preferences. These are legitimate installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, but the screen capture referenced a folder that had an .app extension.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines