Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Interactive and playing video back

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

im trying to make a video play in an interactive pdf. I have followed the turtrials online for placing and setting Navigation point, placeing a poster frame and setting on loops exctera. i relize that there are new methodes throught Acrobat on how to set in a navigation but my problem is that when i click on the image to start the movie in Adobe Acrobate DC the only thing that plays back is the audio. I can see a "sound bar" ( like as if you were edditing the audio) moving up and down in conjunction to the audio being played back but that is all. Anyone know how this can be corrected so that i can have video and audio played back.

Note: the video file is a MP4 and plays back when i preview spread in in Indesigns media box.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Flash is obsolete,  enabling a video in an Interactive PDF will will not work successfully. Either include a hyperlink in your PDF to an external source, such as a YouTube or similar site, or use other format based on HTML5. These might include InDesign's Publish Online, FXL ePub or in5, (an InDesign plugin, at extra cost).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I exported in Fixed layout EPUB, and the audio plays, the controls appear, but no video. However, if I click to view the video in full screen, it shows up. When I minimize it to the original size, it still shows up, and if I click the play button, it works fine. It seems to only not appear the first time and I cannot figure out why. Any thoughts? I've attached a screenshot and URL.
https://adobe.ly/3u9r5Xr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discusssion is about PDF. If you're having issues with EPUB, please start a new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 2.49.45 PM.png

Look at this action list.. Sound and video are under Epub and publish online only, thats mean it will not work well in an interactive PDF, prevoiusly sounf and video were the upper list ( means that its compatible with PDF, but no its not! that why they chnaged it to be just in epub and publish online only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to Derek's reply, you can do a lot more with an HTML5 solution. Publish Online supports all of InDesign's interactive features. Check out some of these examples, I think you'll be surprised these were all created in InDesign! http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines