• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having a problems with Interactive PDF for Ipad. I was seraching all over the internet to find a solution but still I haven't found it ....

1) So my client is saying that the interactive buttons for next and previous page are not working and he can scroll all over the document without a problem so in this case the buttons are useless. How can I fix that problem? Untill now I was using the Hyperlink pannel to do it (because the Button and Forms panel is not working for Ipad). My client is using Adobe Acrobat for reading the Interactive PDF.

2) I have to attach a external document to a button. I tried with pop-ups but again is not working on Ipad. The docs can't be shared in public clouds so other options are not coming on my mind ....

I'll be very gretful if somebody can help me with these 2 problems!
Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

This is NOT new: Only the simplest of interactivity works in PDF on mobile devices like the iPad. Buttons don't work in any PDF reader on an iPad that I know of, including Adobe Acrobat.

Acrobat for mobile devices does NOT support interactivity except simple links.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond Acrobat and Reader for desktop, interactive PDF is nothing but a crapshoot I'm afraid. If everything works there, I'm not sure there's a lot you can do.

That said, there are countless PDF readers for iPad. Which one are you testing on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client is reading the Interactive PDF on Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Steve pointed out, above, Acrobat for iPad is not all that great for interactive PDF. If I were you, I'd be looking at fixed layout epub if this output is destined for iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT new: Only the simplest of interactivity works in PDF on mobile devices like the iPad. Buttons don't work in any PDF reader on an iPad that I know of, including Adobe Acrobat.

Acrobat for mobile devices does NOT support interactivity except simple links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if workign with mobile devices is a requirement, the .pdf is not the format for you. Go with HTML by using publish online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Flash is obsolete some features in Interactive PDFs have changed – you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website.
Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state objects (MSO) don’t work at all in Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines