• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign is having difficulty in reading some unsaved changes in "xxxx.indd".

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message almost every time I open an existing indd file. What the problem as I am pretty sure the file is not corrupt (started from scratch a couple of day before). 

InDesign is having difficulty in reading some unsaved changes in "xxxx.indd". It may damage the file. Would you like us to try and repair the file? Some unsaved changes may be lost.

Thanks for your help. 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Yes, allow it to repair the partially corrupt file. Of course, make a backup first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, allow it to repair the partially corrupt file. Of course, make a backup first.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue since upgrading to the most recent version (16.2.1). I've allowed it to do it's repairs and have even started over from scratch, but I continue to get this message. Is there any way to determine the underlying cause?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in InDesign for the first time since upgrading to 16.2.1 and have having the same issue. If I click "Repair" it basically reverts to a version before any of my changes (including ones I saved) and then says "InDesign has repaired "[file]". Some information may have been lost. We recommend that you save this file before working further." If I say cancel, it loses my changes anyway. I keep redoing my work like a crazy person, and losing it again. HELP ADOBE!!! I'M ON A DEADLINE AND NEED TO GET MY WORK DONE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening with any Indesign file I open. I always have to do a SAVE AS before I even start working on any changes to the file. Will there be any fixes to this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines