InDesign is not responding…

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Montery 12.5.1 // Adobe Indesign 17.4

Hi All. In the last two weeks I have used InDesign for the first time to make a 9 page portfolio which includes 2-7 photos on each page and some text…nothing challenging. I got to about page 7 and my laptop started showing the colour wheel and I’d have to force quit. I did this several times and found from online sources it was a corrupt file from font issues.

So I restarted the portfolio with a different font and flew through it. Got to the final page and the same things were happening, but there were ‘no errors’ showing at the bottom of the page. I’ve uninstalled it multiple times and now I can’t even open the app without it showing this page. If I click ‘Yes’ it stays like this until I force quit. If i click cancel, i go to open the file and the app just closes. I have tried renaming the 'applicationpreferences' folder and added 'old' on the end but this has done nothing.

Any help/questions would be appreciated, I’ve more or less tried everything.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset preferences: quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys. Do not release the keys down you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. I had tried this before and it didn't seem to work, but this time it did! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines