Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign issue with horizontal lines

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Adobe planning on fixing this?

My friend has been getting weird horizontal lines that only appear on transparent objects. They are not there when you export but its still pretty bad when you are working. 

Overprint view makes them dissappear but I dont think thats a solution. One more thing that I found worked was putting my windows scaling to 100% - but the apps UI is then too tiny.

Do you have any information on this?Zajeta slika.PNG

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

If i change Transpareny Blend Space to RGB the lines are still here. Changing proof setup and turning on Proof colors doesnt do anything either. 

The Picture is PNG. I just noticed that the lines dont show up untill you actually lower the transpareny. The lines are only visible on the actual picture not the transparent background of the PNG image. Same thing happens with JPGegs and PSD files. 

Thank you for trying but nothing makes a difference so far. The only thing that helped is setting scali

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens if Windows scaling is set to 100% and then I change the UI scaling in the InDesign. So im guessing thats a problem with Indesigns Scaling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as PDF/x-4, avoid PostScript, no EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you for the reply. The problem is only present in the program when working. When exporting any way possible everything is okay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overprint view makes them dissappear but I dont think thats a solution

Hi @Ambroz5CFC , Why not? Overprint/Separation Preview gives you the most accurate print preview. The lines are clearly a preview issue — they come and go depending on the zoom magnification and don’t export to a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! That is true. But a lot of times Im working on a online catalogues and overprint preview is just not the best way to go. Im guessing I will just have to wait if they patch it out someday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is only apreview limitation and not a bug, do not expect a change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But a lot of times Im working on a online catalogues and overprint preview is just not the best way to go

For online work are you setting your Transparency Blend Space to RGB? Does it happen if you set the Proof Setup to sRGB and turn on Proof Colors?

Also, looks like your capture is a Grayscale image. What file format is the placed image? Does it happen if you place .PSDs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If i change Transpareny Blend Space to RGB the lines are still here. Changing proof setup and turning on Proof colors doesnt do anything either. 

The Picture is PNG. I just noticed that the lines dont show up untill you actually lower the transpareny. The lines are only visible on the actual picture not the transparent background of the PNG image. Same thing happens with JPGegs and PSD files. 

Thank you for trying but nothing makes a difference so far. The only thing that helped is setting scaling of windows and app to 100% (makes it too hard to use).

I dont get a problem with any other app on that scaling settings aswell. Looks like an InDesign malfunction. 

Thanks again to both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines