• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign just keeps going wrong

Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have taken on a new person in the office so she has a brand new pc running windows 10. With CC on. 

The prefs for CC or something keeps messing up and the result is:

Syncronisation in a book does not work

Apply 'master' to pages does not work

Dynamic spell check does not work (Errors are not underlined)

I reret prefs for her and it worked for 2 days and now its gone belly up again.

Whats the next step here? Bearing in mind its a new install.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of problem can be very difficult to track down, but your descriptiom makes me suspect a conflict with other software running on the system at the same time, perhaps anti-virus or other security software.

I think we will need a lot more information to be much help.

What exact verion of InDesign, the OS, and what other programs does she run, including browsers and background programs? Do you use any third-party plugins with ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, in terms of indesign I have no doubt its the latest version as of today. Windows 10 - 21H2

As a company pc it does have anti virus, but exactly the same as mine which is Sophos End Point, I have no such issues.

I mean I am happy to reinstall it, but I have not come across this before, why anti virus would prevent spell check working would be a very new one on me, but then computers are computers lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also whilst we are about annoyances, I tell this forum to stay logged in every time, yet everytime I come back I have to sign in. Thats annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried running the cleaner tool and reinstalling? Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems 

And it isn't an absolute that it's the a/v. We've had some reports on the Mac side that turned out to be triggered by accessibi.lty settings in the OS, and there are lots of reports of conflicts with things like browsers that hijack shortcuts. As I said before, this is not going to be easy to track down.

Continuing logout problems could be related to cookies or script handling in your browser (or possibly interaction by Sophos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines