• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign keeps crashing my work and wont let me open it

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idesign file keeps closing coming up with a message saying "The network connection was lost for the
file Nicholas Daley Research File .indd,
or the file was modified by another
process." and then "Error: Adobe inDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart inDesign to recover work in any unsaved inDesign documents" 

It then closes down then when I try and open it, it says "InDesign could not open your file because it has been created in a newer version - Adobe indesign 18.1. You can convert and open the file but you may lose out on content created using the features specific to the latest versions. for the best experience, we recommend you updating indesign to the latest version."

when i try converting it, it gets to 33% then stops working. When using indesign before it was getting really slow and lagging, i made sure everything was linked up etc, and then updated it because it told me to, it let me continue working then now i keep getting this message. Every so often i can get access to opening the file again but then after a couple pages same thing happens again. 

Really need some help! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to download InDesign 18.1 from the Creative Cloud desktop app. It's now available in all parts of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign Auto-Recovery Crashing is discussed in this troubleshooting guide.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kaye27261990z2pu,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to work with InDesign by following our expert advice? Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).

Note: While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines