• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps crashing.... Why?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue for about the past 2-3 months.   Just randomly working in InDesign the program just shuts down unexpectedly.   No ryhme of reason that I can tell.   Happens when doing simple things, sometimes on complex things although I have have worked on heavy memory projects and it dont crash.   Just seems random.  I keep sending the reports and hoping the next bug fix helps but no luch so far.    I am having this crash/shutdown probally 8-12 times in a production day.   I also have had where images placed are previewing like they are currpt but a restart of the app seems to make it fine.  I have a newer Imac purchase Fall of last year running Catalina 10.15.7, 3.3 GHz 6cori5, 96 GB 2133 DDR4, 

I have notice in the last Month my Acrobat is starting to have issues with refeshing previews laggin.

I am really frustrated as well..     I would love suggestions.   I have tested my memory and it says it fine.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your fonts ? They can play a huge part in why Adobe apps crash. Have you uninstalled the adobe apps and reinstalled them ? Also use the cleaner tool when you remove them to ensure it is a clean install.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian.   What do I need to check with my fonts and how do I do that?   Also, if I am uncomfortable with the whole cleaner tool and reinstall would you know, if adobe has an option for them to do it remotely loging into my system?

Just can afford to be down for a long and Im not as comfortable with all the warnings it mentions.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Font management software do you currently use ? Extensis Suitcase has an app/ability to scan and repair or identify your fonts.

let me know and i can help get it sorted for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Font Book.    I did go through and delete any fonts that came up with issues.   Seemed to be a little more stable but might just be wishful thinking although I am pretty sure it is a little better but still getting about 4 crashes a work day..   Was over double that...  Something is still not right.   I will note that I added memory to my Mac a little while back and these problems MAYBE could have started around that time.   I had 32 GB and I added another 64GB,    I ran memory test and no problems have come up.  But, another variable that could be something I guess?   Doesn't a error log get saveed to my computer somewhere that gives more infor as to why it crashed?  Is there somewhere I can send these logs have them read?   Just getting frustrated with constanly backing up file and restarting.    Also, I will note that my previews in InDesign are coming up curupt looking off and on and when preview PDFs sometime the refresh isn't redrawing the image completely and I have to zoom in and out to refresh the preview.  I mention this as I think Memory again...   I dont know...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have plenty of spare disk capacity and you've tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did reset.  I did not do reinstall as I am alittle gun shy about it.   Plenty of disk space and the Mac I am using is about a year old running Catalina all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See how you get on over the next few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines