Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have posted previously about this, but the problem still keeps happening. I'm wondering whether it is a problem with my macbook pro.

I bought a brand new macbook pro in November. Ever since I started to use Creative Cloud i've had issues with it. Mainly, InDesign keeps crashing. Maybe once or twice a day to start with, then several times a day. Then it gets to the point where I can't use it because it crashes too often. It will crash for no reason, maybe I open a document, or I try to paste some text onto the page, or I'm just moving something about.

Last time I came here, I was advised to 

- Repair my permissions (did not work)

- Renaming the creative suite folders in the library (did not work)

- Deleting and reinstalling CC (did not work)

- Creating a new user on the mac, downloading CC (did not work)

I spoke to apple, and we have done a complete reset of my mac. Deleted the OS and reinstalled it. But now it is happening again.

Can anybody give me any advise please?

My macbook is:

MacbookPro 16inch

2.3GHz 8 Core i9

Memory: 32GB

Big Sur Version 11.2

Creative Cloud 2021

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Uninstall and reinstall doesn't really work.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Hi there,

I hope your issues is resolved now. If it isn't, I'd request you to follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest version of InDesign (there's been a recent update to 16.1).

Make sure you've reset the InDesign preferences successfully:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I forgot to mention.. I already tried that too, and it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall doesn't really work.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook pro 2020 16gb Ram. I bought in Dec 2020 and InDesign will also not do the simpliest task. I would be interested to hear the solution to this too. It's so frustrating having spent so much money on the latest mac to have InDesign not even work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I hope your issues is resolved now. If it isn't, I'd request you to follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines