Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Keeps Crashing

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues with InDesign for some time now- Program used to crash in use, then a few moths ago wouldn't start at all. I followed common gudlines for clearing cache, resetting preferences, and even used the CC cleaner... reinstals, restarts...  Nothing helped. 😞 Both the 17 and 16.4 version act the same. Any other suggestions? My operating system is Windows 10.

I don't know what else to try.

Thank you,

Ivana 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Have cleared the cache and some of my files will open but others 11,080KB or larger will crash. I have dont the shift+Ctrl+alt that did halp also have done a clean reinstall.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultlmjo2fmtbj9g & @defaultq95t4vpmpdlx,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. We have recently released an update for Indesign v17.0.1. Please update the version build by following the steps provided in this link (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Checkforlatestupdates). If that doesn't help, I would request you to submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Additionally, you may try the following steps and let us know if it helps:

• Try running the app in Safe Mode & Hidden Admin Account?
  • Manually reset preferences by renaming the folders from the following locations:
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Adobe
    Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old Launch InDesign from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way, all your old settings will be saved in .old folders, and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines