• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps freezing after launch

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 2017 iMac Pro running on OXS 13.1 Ventura. It launches normally, and will even load my last opened document, but then it soon freezes. The pinwheel spins endlessly and it shows as unresponsive in the Activities Monitor. 

All the other Adobe apps work fine. This is the only one that doesn't work. I can't think of anything that I did that caused this to happen. 

I have tried downloading older versions as well, but nothing works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled CC and InDesign but nothing. I've also deleted the cache and preferences. I don't have any plug-ins for any Adobe apps. I've given permissions for InDesign. I even had Adobe Support remote into my computer and he tried for about 2 hours, and no progress was made. I'm not sure what else can be done at this point. 

Please help!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening on ALL documents - new and old - or only on one document? 

Here you'll find info how to "clean" your system before re-installing InDesign:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert's suggestion is a good one. It's the only one that removes all traces of the Creative Cloud apps. There could be some piece of "computer crud" which is causing the problem. And the tech who you worked with may not have tried that because it requires more time to do it and then reinstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. It happens on all documents. I've deleted preferences and cache multiple times now. I also tried the suggestion of turning off my GPU and contextual type but it didn't help. Sometimes it freezes when I try to save the settings. Sometimes it freezes when I try creating a new document. Sometimes all I do is open it, and after a minute, it freezes. I cannot even CMD + Q to quit the app otherwise it will also freeze, so I have to force quit.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some suggestions.

• Uninstall the application using Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and then install. It can be downloaded from here
  • Apart from third party plugins check for startup scripts as well.
  • You say you have given permission to InDesign, which permission are you talking about? "Full Disk Access"?
  • Does the application crash even if you don't do anything but just open it and keep it idle or it happens when you operate the application?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines