Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign keeps generating these weird little test files

Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(InDesign 16.1, Mac OS Catalina)

Can anyone tell me why InDesign keeps generating these weird little test files? They do not go away after I close the document. I have to manually throw them away. A "Get Info" on the file shows it is a Unix exectuable, with Zero bytes.

I'm working off a Windows 10 server. (Ignore the "Dropbox" label on the window frame, it's just the name of the main folder.)

screenshottestfile.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of something like this before in respect to working with files on a Server that are being sync'd into the Cloud at the same time.

If you ARE using Creative Cloud to sync documents, try turning it off (pausing) to see if the TestFiles still happen?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the root folder on the server a Dropbox sync folder? If it is connected to Dropbox then perhaps the TestFile is being generated by Dropbox?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines