• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps pasting as Arabic Language Dictionary

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to us in the CC2018 13.1 version.

I only saw one earlier example mentioned in the Forums (with CC2014).

Whenever a chunk of text, or text box is pasted into a fresh document, the language is Arabic. [Basic Paragraph] and all other styles have been set to English USA, and even though I do a find format/change format in the offending document, it still pastes as Arabic.

Exporting to .IDML, and reimporting did not solve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue or find a work-around?  I am having all the same experiences described throughout this thread by others, I have my settings as English USA, have NEVER worked in Arabic, nor do I need to.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Work in an english Indesign, writing in Danish, but copy turns out in greek.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem described by rickburress. totally slowing me down. 

Adobe please can we have a fix?

For all the wonderful things your software can do this is so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the sam problem (in Dutch). It is not a preferences problem. It is indeed a glitch. I copy the Dutch text form a text box (Language: Dutch) and align left to another text box with the same spec's and the copied text suddenly switches to "Language: Arabic" with right aligned and "International Composer Alinea". Even though the standard preference is "Adobe Composer alinea". This makes me carzy!
Does somebody have an answer yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in InDesign CC2023 and it's still happening.  ANY resolutions here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines