InDesign keeps saying that my new off-fonts won't be supported in 2023

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought new fonts. Open type fonts (otf), but still I get the message in InDesign that these fonts won't be supported from 2023. What can I do? I need these fonts for my client.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opentype and Truetype fonts will continue to be supported. It's Type 1 fonts that being discontinued.

Where did you get the idea that it was OTF?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aukje22604096gj3p,

Sorry about that. The product team is aware of this issue, and they are working on a fix. I would request you to please stay patient and stay tuned for updates.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer. I feel reassured that finally the new otf-fonts I just bought will still be supported from next year.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isn't encouraging to hear, but Adobe's "Font Alert" setup is faulty. If you have bought honest-to-God cross-platform compatible Open Type Fonts, you're all set. No matter what Adobe's alerts are currently telling you.

The thing I don't understand is why they allow the bad alert system to persist when they can remove it with a running update and replace it when it's finally fixed. Maintaining the current faulty "solution" serves no one, and makes no sense at all.

You can rest assured, even as Adobe keeps pulling the false alarm.

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines