• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps squishing copy.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately whenever I open a large file on InDesign, it squishes some of the copy. I've checked all my settings. Vertical/horizontal scale are both at 100%. Yet when I first open the file, it seems okay at first, then it loads completely and some of the copy gets squished. It's the weirdest thing. I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign, nothing works. The only thing that seems to get rid of it is restarting InDesign a bunch of times, and eventually it goes away.

Anyone have any ideas?

Image removed at user request... Moderator

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

It sounds like you are talking about one specific file. If that is the case then you could try exporting that file as an IDML (File>Export>InDesign Markup (IDML)) and then reopening the IDML file back into your version of InDesign. This process can remove some forms of corruption from an InDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to know some basic details such as version of ID and OS, and if the files were saved in the same version.

Where on the page does the problem occur? Always the same file? Lots of files?

Also, a screen capture (with sensitive material obscured if necessary) would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are talking about one specific file. If that is the case then you could try exporting that file as an IDML (File>Export>InDesign Markup (IDML)) and then reopening the IDML file back into your version of InDesign. This process can remove some forms of corruption from an InDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines