• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign keyboard shortcuts not returning to original tool

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Indesign 15.1.2 and i'm having a few issues with keyboard shortcuts.

On the previous version i was using (can't remember the version number, but it was Indesign CC on a Mac running El Capitan) if i had the Selection Tool selected (or most other tools) and then held down the spacebar, the tool would switch to the hand tool and allow me to pan across a document using the mouse.

That still works on the new version, but when i release the spacebar instead of returning to the Selection Tool, it swaps to the zoom tool. 

Is there a toggle i'm missing to get the hand tool to return to the original tool? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That doesn't sound right! Try these troubleshooting suggestions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshooting/m-p/119...

When odd mistakes are happpening, one of the most frequent things to try to fix it is to trash/reset InDesign preferences.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines