• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Keyboard Shortcuts not working with OS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Big Sur yesterday and I am unable to drag scale or drag copy holding the usual keys on the keyboard. Is there a way to get these commands back? I'm not sure if it's an InDesign thing or an OS thing...

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of InDesign?
I'd also request you to try resetting the preferences of the app once & see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

***Please note that resetting preferences will r

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of InDesign?
I'd also request you to try resetting the preferences of the app once & see if it helps. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

***Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I deleted the preferences and also restarted my computer and that seems to have worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lchidsey Did that fix your issue permanently? I've been having similar issues with InDesign but restarting my computer is only a temporary fix. Deleting preferences didnt do a whole lot either unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I haven't had any problems since, other than InDesign crashes on me multiple times a day for no reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm okay, thanks for the update! 
(bummer about those crashes though! 😬)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update as well and lost all preferences and workspaces for all of my Adobe programs. I believe there is a conflick with some of the hot keys in Big Sur with Adobe. I have lost the ability to increas leading using hot keys as well as others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines