Hello! My team saves our INDD files and applicable links in a team SharePoint location. Lately, it's not uncommon to open a file and have the link appear to be correct but the document shows a rectangle frame rather than an image preview. When exporting to a print PDF, the rectangle frame actually prints. When I go to relink (even though the link is not broken), it abridges the file path and the link name. I did a clean reinstall of InDesign. I also did a clean resync to our SharePoint location but I'm still having the same issue. Is there some type of setting I need to tweak? I know the SharePoint setup isn't ideal but it's worked for us for a few years now and, all of a sudden, I'm having major issues. Here's how a link now displays, always with the "~1".
They are not and I just updated them to be so. This is a nice tweak but does not resolve my issue.
I just opened a document I haven't touched for a few months and an example of what I see is below. All image links are saved in the same SharePoint location. Some preview, some just show the Gray Rectangle frame. All links are showing as being valid. If I relink the ones showing the Gray Rectangle frame, it does then display properly. I have to do them one-by-one because InDesign doesn't recognize them as missing or broken. When I relink, though, it creates an abridged link name and file path that doesn't work for other users.