Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

InDesign locked

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening everyone,

since yesterday serious problem.
Indesign has stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled at least 10 times but nothing, it does not want to know.

I've tried with older versions but no way.

It happened all of a sudden.

😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @- MC - I'm sorry to hear about this problem. Can you give us some additional information? What is your operating system (Mac or Windows and version type) and which InDesign versions are you trying to install? The latest is 16.4. If you haven't done so already, please close all Adobe applications including the Creative Cloud desktop app by choosing Quit. In fact, it would be a good idea to shut your computer all the way down if you haven't since you tried 10 times to reinstall InDesign. This will clear out any temporary files. Then, relaunch the Creative Cloud app making sure your Adobe ID is visible and make sure the Creative Cloud app is up to date. Then try opening or installing InDesign from there. Let us know how it goes. 

I've also asked a moderator to move your post to the InDesign thread so you can get some additional support. This board is for how to use the Community and InDesign has its own board.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for your response.
I use Mac, Big Sur Sistem on iMac Pro.
Never had a problem, either from the computer or Adobe applications.
This situation is not clear to me.

I think I solved it by creating a new user. At least that happened as after trying again to use indesign on my main user it went ok.
I can't explain why.
These days I am keeping an eye on indesign, illustrator and photoshop with which I was having blocking issues.

I hope Adobe fixes the various bugs in their applications from time to time.

See you soon community!
Bye
MM

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to InDesign.]

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.  Adobe no longer supports older software versions.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

What to do when Creative Cloud apps revert to trial mode:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnks!!!  🙏🏻

👍🏻👋🏻

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to Jain & Nancy's very helpful suggestions, I'd recommend following the steps suggested on these community posts:

1. https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...

2. https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034

Let us know if they help with your concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines