• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign making weird "bonking" noises.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent online version of InDesign, and it regularly makes a weird "bonking" noise...the noise I have sometimes heard when there is a problem with other programs/situations. Although nothing seems to not be working correctly, the error sound is very irritating. Does anybody else have this problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer system are you using?

It sounds like you're doing something InDesign does not like. Like clicking on your layout with a dialog window open. Try opening Text Frame Options (Object > Text Frame Options), then try to select some text.

Is that the sound?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the sound I hear. I don't find that the sound is related to my having a dialog box open, but I'll keep an eye for one that might be hiding behind the layout to see if that is what is going on. Stay tuned, and thanks. Here is my computer info:Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 6.12.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to jump in an open topic, but I'm having the same problem. It happens when I'm typing in a text area and but stop to backspace/delete some letters and that "booing" sound would come off.I can't pin point what exactly triggers it since there is no pattern other than just random letters being deleted. I'm not using the mouse or any other input device during that time and just using my keyboard to input/correct text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file? We'll be happy to help, just need some more information.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I get the "bonking" in InDesign only when Word is open too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, too, in InDesign 2023. It didn't start right away but it has definitely started since the last update to CC 2023. It happens when I do routine things like open a file or close it. Once I'm in the file, it seems to settle down unless I'm moving things around, etc. Basically, as long as I sit on my hands and don't touch the mouse, the document remains quiet. Touch anything, and the bonging starts. I can't find any solution. It happens even when nothing else -- NOTHING -- is open or happening. No errant dialogue boxes, etc. Please!  Make it stop!  (P.S. Windows 10 OS)

EDIT: I'm taking more notice, and it does seem the bonging occurs more when I'm opening, saving, naming. But it also happened when I was packaging my current project files. So, it seems it's any sort of "function" (vs creative efforts such as editing, etc.) that set off the bomb -- er, bong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @casinclaire:

It's a DisplayFusion issue in InDesign 2023. I can't speak to the older versions.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-18-0-beeps-when-opening-any-dialog-box-...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Barb,

Thanks so very much. I followed the link that came with your reply and put
my thanks there as well. But it didn't seem to take me back to your
message, so I wanted to be sure to give credit where it's due, as yours was
the only reply that came to me. Such a great relief not to have to deal
with the bonging anymore. 🙂

Thanks again,
C. Sinclaire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines