• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Media Panel doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to add a small mp4 file to an InDesign document but it doesn't work. I've tried multiple similar files and they all end up as jpegs both in the InDesign & Interactive PDF. 

And in addition when I try to click on the Media panel nothing happens. 

I have the latest version of InDesign installed, so that can't be a problem. 

Also Flash Player seems to go obsolete on many platforms and apps - how is this being addressed to ensure continuity of media added to PDFs and InDesign documents? EPubs and Publishing online is not a solution at this time. 

Thanks in advance,

Andreea

Media Panel not working.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, InDesign.

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Hi Andreea,

is your movie clip in h246 mp4 format?

If not you could use software like HandBrake to convert it.

Can you show a screenshot of your Links panel after placing the mp4 file with showing all information on the placed file?

What's your exact version of InDesign?

( Help > About InDesign  [Hold the Ctrl key when doing this.]  )

Also see this thread:

Indesign Interactive PDF wipes cropping of videos and unable to play without flash.
PryceR, Jul 18, 2020

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-interactive-pdf-wipes-cropping-of-videos-and-unable-to-play-without-flash/m-p/11300533?page=1#M195104

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, InDesign.

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreea,

is your movie clip in h246 mp4 format?

If not you could use software like HandBrake to convert it.

Can you show a screenshot of your Links panel after placing the mp4 file with showing all information on the placed file?

What's your exact version of InDesign?

( Help > About InDesign  [Hold the Ctrl key when doing this.]  )

Also see this thread:

Indesign Interactive PDF wipes cropping of videos and unable to play without flash.
PryceR, Jul 18, 2020

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-interactive-pdf-wipes-cropping-of-videos-and-unable...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media panel doesn't seem to be working for .mp3 files at all inside of InDesign as well. I can see the .mp3 in the links panel, but I need the Media Panel to function to put a "poster" (button or image to play the placed audio). The media panel is just totally blank and not working at all.

This seems like it should be an essential function of InDesign. Any help or a workaround would be wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can share the resolution here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know the information asked in earlier responses. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. My Media Panel is completly grey and doesn't do anything. A solution would be appreciatedScreenshot 2021-06-28 at 10.41.18.png.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your problem is not similar at all. Blank panels are usually due to corrupt preferences. Reset them. If that doesn't work start a new discussion. This one is asked and answered and I'm going to lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines