• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign-Missing link data error when making PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message when I try to Make a PDF or Package my InDesign file. 

"This document contains links to files that are not accessible. Please check your network connection for the original source or content." The links show as normal, as do all packaging items. No errors in the document. Links are from local photoshop files, at least I think so. I'm using Monterey with InDesign 17.4. I'm wondering if one or both of the linked images in this document might be saved in the cloud. I have been a victim of the latest software design that saves to the cloud in ways that I don't always intend.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I replaced the images with new ones that I could tell for sure were on my local desktop, and I got the PDF to work as normal. It looks like InDesign does not link well with iCloud desktop. Are there ways to ensure I am saving all files to the local desktop and not the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If using a cloud service such as Dropbox or Onedrive make sure to disable any smart sync features. While they could proof useful for some, for an InDesign workflow where you need immediate access to files, it's a recipe for errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines