Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign no longer opens after 17.3

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After I updated InDesign to 17.3, it no longer opens. The initializing screen will pop up for a few seconds and then disappear. I'm using Windows 11. I have tried:

- deleting preferences before launching

- manually deleting preferences before launching

- uninstalling and reinstalling

- installing a previous version

- signing out and back in on Creative Cloud

- restarting my computer

- turning off, waiting, then turning on my computer

There are also times where after I've clicked to open InDesign and it doesn't open, I tried to uninstall/install a previous version, and CC tells me to close the program. However, when I check my task manager, it's not there and no other Adobe apps were open. All the other Adobe apps open and work fine, it's only InDesign. I really am not sure what else to try and other discussion posts haven't provided a solution that worked. Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

When I start a new document it works fine but when I try with my previous documents it collapse when adding a new page. 

I've tried all mentioned options on this request. 

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked fine before the update. Then I tried a previous version and didn't work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Peter. None of the suggestions in the article resolved the issue...i'm not sure what else to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't hasve much else to suggest, either.

It can be diagnostic to create and log in with a new user account on the computer or to restart in Safe Mode. The former sugests corrupt user data, the latter a software conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @mengl415 @Eduardo248526095frw ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share your contact number, Adobe ID, and a suitable time to call you so that I can arrange a call back for you to assist you with this. Please don't share these details here, instead you can click on my name and send a DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines