• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not being able to do some 'mouse click + option' command on MAC

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is with InDesign not being able to do some 'mouse click + option' command that would normally work for me. It was weird - when i clicked those buttons, the icon changed on the screen as if it was doing what I was asking it to ( copy and paste), but it didn't actually perform the function. Apparently it's a known issue that might be caused by other software interrupting/overriding the process that would normally work. In my case it sounded like Chrome or MacOS was the culprit. Putting the machine on 'Safe Mode' allowed those functions to work - but that basically disallowed most other things on the computer from working (i.e. i couldn't use the internet etc.) so it was not a viable 'workaround. Anyone have advice?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Archit5C56,

We appreciate you reaching out and apologize for the inconvenience. We will try our best to help you. A few details would be super helpful for investigation-

• Please provide the InDesign version and operating system information.
  • To prevent program interruption problems, we ask that you start InDesign as soon as your computer is turned on.
  • To confirm what is causing the problem, kindly check your Chrome extensions by disabling each one individually.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe InDesign - 17.4.0.51

OS - MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1417) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the requested info, @Archit5C56. Could you please update InDesign to the latest version (ID18) and let us know if that helps?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modifier keys which should work suddenly not working is frequently caused not by the opeating system but by an app or browser extension which is "stealing" the keystroke. It could be caused by a virus checker or other apps/extensions. The fact that the keystroke works when you launch InDesign BEFORE any other app is proof of that. You have to carefully watch by launching apps one by one, and see where the "keystroke stealing" begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines