• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign not outputting marked up PDF's and when I place them into Indesign the changes disappear

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a printer who has customers send me PDF art for production.   The customers are making changes to the PDF with the markup feature in Acrobat.    I don't know this.   They email me the "updated art" and I place it in Indesign for imposition to a printer/platemaker.    When I do this the changes are not showing up because they are markups.   The end result is I print thousands of the wrong art and have to reprint.    

I use Indesign because I setup artwork mulitple up for efficency.    Example:  Rather than print 8.5x11, I print 2 up on 11x17 and cut in half.   

The source of the problem is people are using Acrobat Markup for something it's not intended for.   I cannot control that.    Is there a setting or plug in for Indesign that will "see" the markups?

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hm.

You may see PDF Comments, technically also called annotations.

I'm not sure about this.

When in Acrobat Pro:

Switch to the Comments workspace. It should be populated with all kind of stuff. You could remove the comments from a PDF, but of course that would also wipe the "changes".

Best show a screenshot with an open PDF from Acrobat where also the Comments workspace is open.

When in InDesign:

One could load the annotations to the PDF Comments panel of InDesign.

See under Window > Comme

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm.

You may see PDF Comments, technically also called annotations.

I'm not sure about this.

When in Acrobat Pro:

Switch to the Comments workspace. It should be populated with all kind of stuff. You could remove the comments from a PDF, but of course that would also wipe the "changes".

Best show a screenshot with an open PDF from Acrobat where also the Comments workspace is open.

When in InDesign:

One could load the annotations to the PDF Comments panel of InDesign.

See under Window > Comments > PDF Comments. Use the Load button.

But be aware that if you are using InDesign for imposition the loaded PDF Comments will be on the wrong places and maybe they do not even show up because your imposed document's page range is of course different from the placed multipage PDF. Also the page size.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines