• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign NOT SAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been going on WAY too long! Adobe you need to sort this [expletive removed by moderator] out!!!! I am furious! You can not call this a professional package, expect professionals to place trust in your software, when you can not fix this bug where it suddenly doesn't save. There's no sign of anything wrong, until you might try an 'undo' and suddenly realise that isn't working, which means, you guessed it.. the save and save as is greyed out too. I have ready so many posts like this over the years. HOW IS THIS BUG NOT FIXED ALREADY?????!!!!! So much time is lost. This is not acceptable, You charge a fortune for these services! You should be giving compensation to designers for this. Sort it out Adobe.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vast majority of users have no problems of any sort with saving, so it's pretty certain this is related to something in your system. Start by telling us the version of InDesign, your exact OS version, and any steps you might already have tried to find and solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Monterey
Version 12.5.1

Indesign - latest version, no updates to install (18.1)

No idea how to trouble shoot something that is so random? It doesn't
always happen! It happened about 6 months ago, I lost a lot of work. It
happened yesterday and today. Absolutely clueless to how I trouble
shoot this,

Thanks,
Anna

--

*A N N A // H U G H E S*
graphic designer
{Personal Details removed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a PC user, rather than Mac, but I know there are a number of premissions settings that have been tripping people up in the latest Mac OS release, so maybe someone can chime in with details on that.

It may also matter WHERE you are trying to save and where the file you are working on is stored (and if this is new, never saved, file, or one you have re-opened)-- network, cloud, or local hard drive.

Along with what John has said, one of the first troubleshooting steps is to try a "safe boot" to see if some program loading in the background is causing a conflict. You can google how to do that for your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound frustrating. A "bug" though, would likely be a bit more widespread and reproducible. It's possible there is some sorting to do on your end, like the potential for stolen system focus, malware, memory leaks, or impending hardware failure. Of course you just want it fixed; anyone would. But if the only measure taken is a short rant here in the user-to-user forums, I don't expect a timely solution for you specifically. Perhaps if you post more information about your system and the sequence of events that typically leads to the undesired condition, someone here can spot someting that will help solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Anna-Marie28314166zelp ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand how frustrating it could be to lose all efforts and time because of an unexpected issue. Would you mind confirming if the file was saved locally or on any network location or network folder synched locally? Have you noticed any pattern or cause of this issue?

We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines