• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign on Mac Crashes on Launch

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using a 2019 MacBook Pro with InDesign 2024 and am experiencing crashes at either boot or when attempting to open an existing file. The file will open but as soon as we click into the file or scroll, the spinning wheel appears and the system says the application is not responding. This will continue until the application is force quit. When creating a new file, the program runs without issue. I have attempted all documented troubleshooting tips at these URLs but have had no success:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch.html
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/...
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-or-incopy-freezes-or-1.html

I have included the error report for review. We confirmed that there are no issues with corrupted files. Any assistance is appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log indicates that all your software is up to date (macOS 14.3.1, InDesign 19.2).

Since you already tried all troubleshooting steps, I can only recommend to create a new clean user account and try to run InDesign there. Will it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried activiating the root user and logging in with that. Same result opening an InDesign file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried activiating the root user and logging in with that. Same result opening an InDesign file

By @ashleys8566959

Frankly, I don't know much about the root user. Did you log in to a clean new account - or your existing account using the root access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is not a crash...it's a hang. How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines