• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign palettes not flying out

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening, but I can't get my palettes to fly out anymore. They are all there (this is not a tab key issue), but no matter what I do they won't fly out/expand and it's completely stopped my work. I've had this happen before, but never ever to the point where nothing seems to be fixing it. 

As I was writing this I tried one last thing which worked; I turned the application frame back ON. I generally hate the application frame and it's one of the first things I disable when adjusting my workspace, but there you go. So if anyone has any ideas how I can go back to turning the application frame off, that would be sweet. 

Before I came here I tried uninstalling/reinstalling (with lots of restarts in between) and searching and destroying any errant cache files from the library that might have been lurking after uninstalling. 

Computer Deets: 2017 iMac, 4.2 GHz i7, 64MB of RAM, Monterey os 12.2.1. InDesign 17.2

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Have you tried moving the panels away from the edge of your screen?

I've seen it where the user had them right up to the edge and they were actually opening as if there was a second screen beyond the monitor edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried moving the panels away from the edge of your screen?

I've seen it where the user had them right up to the edge and they were actually opening as if there was a second screen beyond the monitor edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin, I'm not sure if they are pushing out the wrong direction, but you're right I do keep them docked to the side.  pulling them away from the side of the screen did work. I had hoped pulling them off and putting them back would straighten it out, but sadly they go back to their bad behavior once relocked to the side. I guess this will do as a workaround until the next update. Thanks for the insight! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines